Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Share the Love for Quinn 2013: Whole


Quinn got a feeding tube when he was 2 years old. It was a journey to get to that point and I've shared about food, CF, and Quinn here

A bit before Quinn had his surgery, we were sitting on the floor in his room--a sweet 2 year old who was very verbal even then--and I tried to explain to him something about this surgery. How the doctors were going to help him so he could get enough food into his body. 
 How do you explain this to a 2 year old?

He asked me, "Mommy, am I broken?" 

I was completely caught off guard. 

In that moment, the only thing I could think to say was that we are all broken.
And that we all need Jesus. 

Our singer/songwriter friend Olivia Pothoff wrote an amazing song based on that conversation. You can hear a portion on iTunes (it is AWESOME) or you can read the lyrics here. It always ministers to me.

Whole

Verse 1:

Mother and son in conversation
Late in the eve before bed
Resilient with joy, a two-year old boy
Fights a disease
Prepares for surgery
Pre-Chorus:

He said, “Mama, tell me am I broken?
Mama, tell me am I broken?”


Chorus:

We’re all broken people
With all kinds of broken
Bodies and hearts and souls
We all need a Savior, we need a Healer
He’s the One who makes us whole


Verse 2:

Father and Son in conversation
Late in the eve in a garden
His life on the line for all of mankind
Kneels in agony
Prepares for suffering


Pre-Chorus:

He said, “Father, help me, I am broken
Father, help me, I am broken”


Chorus 2:

They’re all broken people
With all kinds of broken
Bodies and hearts and souls
I will be Your Savior, I will be Your Healer
I’m the One who makes You whole


Bridge:

Though my body and flesh may fail me
Still, You are making me new
I can face
Uncertain days
With You, with You


Music & Lyrics by Olivia Pothoff.  

© 2012
We are partnering with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Great Strides Campaign to raise money to fight this disease. We know there are many needs in the world right now but if you feel compelled to "Share the Love for Quinn" to donate $1 or one million dollars you can click on Team Win With Quinn and donate to our campaign to raise $3000.

No comments: