Friday, January 18, 2013

my birthday (post 17)

My birthday was on the 17th...

I am 36 years old.

It was a day full of things that are normal and also out of the ordinary.

Like, the garage door repair man who had to come to our house because I backed into the garage door on the 16th. 

Not one of my finer moments.

But, it was a fine day. Laughing with Quinn, Sela, and Ryan at the dentist's office while Quinn got his teeth cleaned. No cavities and we are sure that his top two middle teeth are going to come out any time now...or risk the adult teeth just pushing them out of the way :)

Dinner with the family at Tree's...delicious and I had a moment while we were sitting together, laughing and eating, that I realized this is our life. We get to do this together. In the midst of refereeing two kids and vacuuming the floor--we get moments of laughing and just being together.

That is the best gift ever. 
I'll take 36. 
And every year after.

No comments: