Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Roots, New Strength, New Season

It is a new month.... Lots of thoughts and lots of happenings, lots of adventures and lots of things to anticipate. Ryan's work life and grad school responsibilities have been very full and Quinn and Sela are growing and blooming. I've been holding down the fort--birthday parties, thinking about food (and eating it), reading some, talking some, learning some, dreaming some, and decorating some.

So friends and family, I've been thinking about writing and sharing our lives through stories and pictures on the blog. Sometimes when I write I imagine a large reading public that might be waiting to read my little thoughts and ideas. But sometimes our stories are just personal and maybe that imaginary reading public is actually a group of faces and names that we know and invite to journey with us. I don't know if anyone is like me...I wander through blogs from one to another and wind up on someone's blog from Utah that I don't know or someone in Michigan who is talking about motherhood or faith or frugal living or someone in Canada that has a really cute bathroom or someone in South Carolina who is sharing about health issues.

I'm thinking that our blog will soon be a spot for just family and friends (no one like me "peeking" in). As we move to setting our blog to private, we do want to give people access who would like it (and if I don't know you, feel free to introduce yourself). As long as I type in your email address, you'll have access to the blog and when you come to our blog, you'll just have to type in that email address. Pretty simple!

We'll move to private settings at the start of June so just send me a little note!

13 comments:

Denee Longan said...

Count me in, please! (I totally understand your reasonings in doing this! I feel the same way!)

Amy Wolff said...

I'd love to continue following your lives!

amyandjakewolff@hotmail.com

thanks!!!
Amy

Elizabeth said...

Count me in! :)
e.seybold@gmail.com

Audrey Jo ...now Williamson said...

Count me in too, please. I love staying connected to you, Mere :)
audreyjw@gmail.com

Aj Schwanz said...

Oh, me, too! munchkinmama[at]gmail

Beth said...

pick me! pick me! :-) peterbethsmart@gmail.com

I am thinking about making this move as well...just seems like the responsible thing to do.

Olivia said...

I'm a meredith-blog-fan! Count me in too, please. :)

Love,
Liv

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Add me to the list, pretty please? :)

Sally said...

Would love to continue following your blog. sallybdougherty@gmail.com

Lissa said...

I enjoy reading your blog! We have also considered switching to the private blog so as to feel more freedom in posting pictures as well as family stories.
I hope I can continue to follow yours.:)

Lissaforbes@gmail.com
nateandlissaforbes.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I would like to keep posted with your family as I enjoy seeing what you're up to! :)

Shannon said...

I like following, so sign me up! shannonbennett114@gmail.com

Michelle said...

Hey Merry-Mer--this is Michelle from Cairo...though I don't follow you and your family intently, I do like to check in every once in a while to see how things are going, so I'd love it if I wasn't blocked! My e-mail is mdmilburn@gmail.com. I hope you guys are doing well...it seems you are!