Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is this scale broken?

All of the maternity clothes have been washed and packed away--I have a box of loaned clothes in my car just ready to be returned. I finally had my six week follow up appointment. It was six weeks late but that is a whole other story.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, even my maternity clothes weren't fitting and I hadn't really thought about how.much.weight.I.gained.

Ummmm...I was so surprised to really look.at.the.numbers.

Yep.

So. I had to think--do I really want to blog about this and I think the answer is--yes.

At my appointment I found out what my final weight was--a few pounds less than I had thought but holy.smokes.

What I do know is that I've lost 24 pounds and have 21 pounds to go. More will be lost and I'll be happy to report it!


2 comments:

Sally said...

Not that I've ever given birth, but I have worked to lose weight and just to encourage you, I'd like to say 1) you're beautiful and 2) take your time as you lose weight - no deadlines. Enjoy some ice cream as you work on it. Cheering you on.

Amy Wolff said...

I love your honesty! Refreshing! I'm gaining my pregnancy pounds steadily and told myself it's worth it for my precious girl. :)

Good luck to you as you lose the weight! And pass on any good tips you find along the way. I'll need it next year!