Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Restoring Order: The Finals

I have a list that I've been checking and double checking since July of all our "to be done" projects. It has been good to put a big "X" next to a completed project and I have to give major kudos to Ryan for being willing to tackle these projects with me. We've been able to do things together or he has helped me have the time to do some of the reorganizing or he has tackled things I couldn't do like all the painting I wanted done. My parents also were willing to help...hanging some shelves, the master room closet organizer and the big one...cleaning the Pergo floors. Many thanks to the Padres!

Everything I wanted done has been done...AMAZING! (I did decide that washing the bedroom windows and the caulking were optional...Ryan didn't argue with me.) Here is the list followed by some pictures:

  • A room makeover for Quinn with new paint and ways to organize his toys!
  • The hall linen/storage closet
  • Completing Baby Dos' room
  • Scrub all the Pergo in the house (because I'm preggo and want it all scrubbed before Baby Dos arrives :) )
  • Install the master bedroom closet organizer
  • Reorganize the items that remain in the garage for easiest access
  • Paint some bedroom furniture
  • Finish the decorative items that I just haven't put up
  • Touch up the caulking in the house that needs it
  • Keep up the outdoor weeding, lawn care
  • Determine new desk/papers/system for better organization and access
Master Bedroom Projects
Before

After

Before
After

Quinn's Room
Before

After

Baby Dos' Room



2 comments:

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Wow! You have definitely been busy, friend! Everything looks so great and I love all the redecorating and decorating projects! I bet it feels SO GOOD to have it all completed before baby sister arrives.

Jenn Perez said...

My doctor told me the earlier you're ready for the baby, the later it will be. Then again, this is the same doctor who was quite sure (from the heartbeats) that both Samuel AND Noah were girls, and that Noah (5lb 13oz) would be in the 7 to 8 pound range. So take it with a grain of salt. I hope you're at the hospital right now!