Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Updates

We are preparing for Baby Dos to arrive soon! She is due on September 11th but speculation is that she will arrive sooner than that. I am currently 75% effaced and dilated to a one. Things might stop and we may just stay there for awhile BUT they might continue and she'll be here before we know it! As of Wednesday, our midwife said she thought Baby Dos would be here in a week and a half (or so) and that she would be seven pounds. She is pretty good at what she does so we've tried to finish things up in case she is correct. And if not, then we'll just be ready sooner! While we are a little under three weeks from her arrival I thought I would share a few answers to some common questions:

How are you sleeping?
Well, technically, I writing this post at 1AM. I've been up for longer stretches of time as of late, usually between the 2-4 AM range. That is when I catch up on looking at facebook or blogs and eating graham crackers with milk. Or doing work. Or reading. Or planning :)

What are you craving?
With Quinn and with this little girl, I'm always a huge fan of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. Any time. I've loved citrus. I've eaten a ton of fruit this summer and my last trend was to eat cherries. I would buy two bags for myself because Ryan and Quinn wouldn't eat them.

What has this pregnancy been like compared to Quinn?
With Quinn I was initially really sick and then got through most of that. It was a good pregnancy and I worked up until the day I had Quinn. I was tired and such but I felt pretty good overall. With Baby Dos, I wasn't sick at the start just hungry all the time. It was a different experience working part time and having a 2-3 year old. I would say that the end has been harder for me this time. I feel more tired. I actually am trying to take naps which I usually resist. I'm more swollen. I've carried Baby Dos lower than Quinn and now that she is even lower it feels like she is sitting on my lap all the time.

Do you have a name picked out?
You don't like Baby Dos? :) We have a name picked out and her life verse chosen.
What are your work plans after having the little lady?
I have had such a great time being back at Fox in the area of Transition and Inclusion, and such a wonderful chance to work some at the office and some at home--it has been hard deciding what to do. That being said, we have decided that August 31st is my last official day as the Student Transitions Program Coordinator. I will work a couple of days next week (Plan A) with student training but will not be the point person during Orientation. My mind, heart, and body are at peace with that plan. It will give me good space to transition into mommyhood with two and Ryan will start an MBA program very soon.

How have Baby Dos' ultrasounds gone?
We had our last ultrasound at OHSU this past Monday and everything looks good with her! Now, this doesn't rule out CF but it does determine that we will deliver in Newberg and that we do not anticipate having any intestinal blockage. We will do a sweat test at 6-8 weeks to determine the CF status but in the meantime Oregon has added CF to the list of diseases screened for at birth and 2 weeks so it is possible that we'll get some feedback even during the 6-8 weeks before the sweat test. Right now we anticipate a great delivery, good health, and welcoming her home!

Is Baby Dos' room ready?
It is all ready! Crib is up, closet and dresser are organized with sleepers and little onesies (thanks Beasleys!), decorations are up in her room, rocking chair is ready, and diapers are in their little container.

How is your head and heart with her arriving soon?
I am a processor so it is good for me to have some intentional downtime to get a bit more prepared mentally and emotionally. Have some space between the end of work and her arrival is good for me. Having more time with Quinn is good for me. Talking things out with Ryan is good. Nesting is good. Praying and listening to music is good. Trying to get more sleep is good. I'm not anxious. I'm hopeful. I feel like I have some things in place to help me be more healthy after we have Baby Dos. I'll have more recovery time in the hospital and at home. I'm trying to be more intentional about listening to my body rather than just pushing through things. I'm not fearful of how I may feel after Baby Dos arrives and that is really positive.

So now we wait and enjoy...

About three weeks before our due date with Quinn


About three weeks before our Baby Dos due date




No comments: