Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Dos Update

Tuesday morning around 5AM I headed to the Birth Center because I'd been having contractions through out the night. When I was in labor with Quinn I dilated to a 5 quickly and without much pain--our midwife had to tell me to go to the hospital because I didn't know I had been in labor. I didn't want to repeat that again hence my trip to the Birth Center. I was still at a 1...by 8 AM I was at a 3 but still only 80% effaced so I headed home. I had consistent contractions all day Tuesday, caught up on some sleep, and after another check was still the same. We were all geared up for a delivery so it was good to sleep well Tuesday night and start a new day fresh Wednesday. I'm having contractions off and on but things have slowed down considerably so we're in "wait and see" mode. We have another appointment on Thursday so we'll see if there are any changes then.

Today, Quinn spent time talking to his sister in my large belly. He told Ryan and me at separate times that he was going to marry his sister...he told Ryan he was going to marry his sister because he had to marry someone...he told me he was going to marry his sister because he loved her. As he talked to her today he told her all the things he was going to do with her: look at pictures, eat food, help her, look at books, play with her, show her pictures of Mickey Mouse...he still seems excited for her arrival. I guess we're all on the same page!

2 comments:

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Thinking about you!! Such an exciting time...

Teri said...

Ditto, can't wait to hear and see pictures.