Monday, March 9, 2009

Organizing myself...

Ryan was sick last week and then I was sick...we are ready for the Spring and fresh air. After spending a few days in the house with kleenex and tylenol close by, I'm thankful to be feeling so much better today! I'm not good at relaxing--something I should practice more!--so I was able to do some simple projects that involved sitting and paperwork. The bills are paid, checkbook balanced, and taxes done! Papers put away and couches and tables cleared off of "stuff". Things like that make me feel good and I even took a nap on Sunday!

The weekend gave me some time to think...a continued review of how life is organized right now. I go through phases of trying to just go with the flow and not be as planned but it really goes against how I prefer to operate and it actually makes me slightly anxious because I don't know when things are going to get done. The last time I was sick I was able to brainstorm with my folks (organizers extraordinaire) of how to reschedule the life things I'm trying to do and that are important to me. How to work part-time in a set schedule? How to spend time with Quinn and Ryan? How to take care of our home? How to be prepared for the things that we do everyday?

This weekend while sick, I was thinking about some of the changes to this schedule and how things are working out better. I know when I'm getting my work done and that puts my mind at ease. I know when grocery shopping and home cleaning will be done. I know when I can do some special things with Quinn because I've built it in. I'm still working on planning our meals with more detail but it is in process.

I'm encouraged by these shifts and I know that more shifts will come. It is helpful to me to simplify and organize so I'm keeping my priorities on the forefront and not spending time worrying how I'm going to get things done. We've cut some things out and are mulling things over in other areas. Are we spending time in the most important places?

And thinking about another baby...wow! We are 12 and 1/2 weeks and counting--almost a 1/3rd of the way there! We'll find out gender the first part of May.

Finally, Ryan and his brother went to the Blazers/Lakers basketball game tonight and the Blazers beat the Lakers--the largest point margin of any team this season! You gotta have fun! Go Blazers!


No comments: