Sunday, December 14, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favorite things..."

Last year I
shared a few of my favorite things and this year I thought I'd do it with a few more questions and answers!
  • Name--Meredith Leigh Dougherty
  • Other possible name? Besides Meredith, Allison was on my parent's short list
  • Birthplace--Anchorage, Alaska
  • Heritage--Czechoslovakian on my mom's side/English on my dad's side
  • Righty or Lefty--righty
  • Introvert or extrovert--I'm middle of the road but lean towards extrovert
  • Meyers-Briggs Personality type--ENFJ
  • Favorite beverage: Coffee...Starbucks Cafe Verona with caramel/vanilla creamer or Ryan's homemade iced vanilla latte
  • Favorite dessert: chocolate, ice cream, delicious sweet treats
  • Favorite 80's band: Tears for Fears...the songs so easily run through my head
  • Favorite Foods: Anything from Pizzacato, a whiskey river BBQ burger at Red Robin, clementines (they are so good and yummy this time of year), Macaroni Grill, anything Greek or Middle Eastern
  • What were you doing a year ago?--Getting ready for the admissions' Ugly Sweater Christmas party with Ryan and setting up the Christmas tree with Ryan and Quinn
  • What were you doing five years ago? We were living in the halls on campus as students got ready for finals week. There was a large Christmas tree we set up in the lobby before the HMS Christmas party. We had a tree in our apartment and were getting ready for the Christmas break.
  • What were you doing ten years ago? Ten years ago was 1998. I was living in the 8th Street House in Indiana getting ready to go home for Christmas. I was working at JobSource and taking two classes.
  • Favorite Christmas songs? "O Holy Night" and "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel". I love the words to both of these songs and the imagery. I also really like the Patti Smith rendition of "We Three Kings"--it is dark, moody, and sounds like a traveler moving through tough terrain.
  • Favorite game to watch: college basketball
  • Favorite way to spend this Monday: SNOW DAY! I love it!
Remembering is good...thinking about favorite things is good...

Drinking chai on a cold, snowy night is good...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Meredith - I am also czech and english...and throw in a bit of german. Fun to read your favorites and great tacky sweaters! Marry Christmas to all three of you!

Smith Family said...

Your ugly sweaters are hilarious =).