Saturday, November 1, 2008

Greater than...

I read this today...and thought it might be a good word for more than just me today.

1 John 3:20 For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.


Psalm 135:5 I know that the Lord is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods.


1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.


Job 33:12 For God is greater than any human being.


Isaiah 29:16 (NLT) How stupid can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you. You are only the jars he makes!


Mark 1:7 He (John the Baptist) announced: "Someone is coming soon who is far greater than I amso much greater that I am not even worthy to be his slave."


John 3:31 "He has come from above and is greater than anyone else. I am of the earth, and my understanding is limited to the things of earth, but he has come from heaven."


Hebrews 1:4 This shows that God's Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is far greater than their names.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Reminds me of the Delirious? song My Glorious:

The world's shaking with the love of God
Great and glorious, let the whole Earth sing
And all you ever do is change the old from new
People we believe that...

(Chorus)
God is bigger than the air I breathe
The world we'll leave
God will save the day and all will say
My glorious!

Clouds are breaking, heaven's come to earth
Hearts awakening let the church bells ring
And all you ever do is change the old from new
People we believe that...

(Chorus)
God is bigger than the air I breathe
The world we'll leave
God will save the day and all will say
My glorious! My glorious! My glorious! My glorious! My glorious!

God is bigger than the air I breathe
The world we'll leave
God will save the day and all will say
My glorious!

Heidi Boos said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder.

Aj Schwanz said...

In Quake speak, this friend speaks my mind! Thanks for being faithful.

Beth said...

These scriptures are timely for some close friends facing some tough issues...thank you, Meredith!