Friday, August 15, 2008

A Top 5 (at least today)


Things under $5 that I couldn’t live without:
-A Starbucks coffee
-Lip Balm
-Toothpaste

-Toothbrush

-Concealer


Favorite Movies:

-Dan in Real Life
-The Bourne Identity series
-Jane Austen films
-Four films I thought were really powerful but couldn't watch multiple times: Blood Diamond, Schindler's List, Hotel Rwanda, and Crash
-The National Treasure series


Songs I could listen to over and over again:

-"Yellow" by Coldplay

-"Sleeps with Butterflies" by Tori Amos

-"Landslide" by Stevie Nicks
-"Lead Me On" by Amy Grant

-"Prince of Peace" by Rich Mullins

Books I love:
-"The Road to Daybreak" by Henri Nouwen
-"The Signature of Jesus" by Brennan Manning

-Anne of Green Gables series
-Inspirational fiction
-I'm about to start "The Jesus I Never Knew" and I think I'm going to really, really dig it


People who have influenced me in a positive way:
-My dad and mom
-My grandma

-Ryan
-My girls from college

-Rich Mullins

Things that are always in my purse:

-diapers
-wipes
-wallet
-lip balm
-keys

Moments that changed my life forever:
-In 1994 when I left Alaska to move to Oregon and go to George Fox.

-In 1999 when I left Indiana to come back to Oregon--the direction of my life took a major change!
-When Ryan and I got married in 2003.
-When I accepted the position as area coordinator for HMS.
-When we had Quinn and the joy and challenges that presented.

Obsessions I currently have:
-the Olympics
-checking CNN.com

-finding a good deal...
-finding ways to be more efficient

-coffee

Places I would like to go:
-Back to the Middle East (I'd love to take Quinn through Israel and Palestine)

-Ireland

-United Kingdom

-China

-Kenya


Appliances or kitchen tools I couldn’t live without:
-ice cream scoop
-coffee maker
-espresso maker
-Swedish cheese slicer
-microwave

1 comment:

Heidi Boos said...

Thanks for sharing this...great info that let me get to know you more!