Thursday, August 21, 2008

And he is in bed...

8:20. Quinn is in bed. Lights out. Stories read. Songs sung. Prayers prayed. I'm recording this moment.

It has been a very, very long month. Quinn and I both currently have strep and both got antibiotics on Monday. I woke up in the middle of Sunday night feeling like I had two golf balls in my throat and couldn't swallow. And Quinn, well his strep wasn't in his throat...it was on his bum. Yeah. I probably won't be able to write that when he is 5, huh? Not a pretty picture.

It is a busy season in the Dougherty household. New students arrive next week. Work for Ryan is very, very, very full. I have some new responsibilities at work this year with the same flexibility within which to complete those tasks but I'll be investing some more time. We're continuing to navigate Quinn's needs and determine what is best for him at this time. If you think of us, would you pray that we have wisdom, a sense of the Lord's leading in what to be involved with and what to say no to, Quinn's health and the decisions we make related to it, and how to ask for and receive help if we need to. We aren't invincible. We certainly don't have it all figured out. Prayer and encouragement are deeply valued.

Today Quinn and I played baseball--he was the pitcher and I was the batter. He was a great pitcher and I kept hitting the ball. After I hit the ball he would say, "Run the bases!" So I would take off running all over the house and he would follow me running close behind. And we'd get back to the ball and bat, clap, and give each other a high five. And then, the ball would be thrown, hit, and the call to " run the bases!"

Run the bases!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, MD... it has been a full month for many of us!
Lord, please heal Meredith and Quinn. Give them rest; bring them relief.

Let's catch up when we both have time to sit. :) Soon, I hope!

Heidi Boos said...

I've been thinking about you ever since I heard you had strep throat. Hope you guys are on the mend! And good luck with the preparation for your work.

What a cool mommy to play baseball!!