Friday, April 25, 2008

I love trash...

video

Tuesday in the hospital we were running through a LARGE number of videos including a bonanza of Sesame Street songs...(you know you want to sing "sunny days, sweeping the clouds away..."). Quinn was snacking on some french fries (because when you have CF you get to eat food high in fat and high in calories) while watching a little montage by Oscar the Grouch. Frankly, Oscar is one of the most authentic characters I can think of--he loves trash and he isn't afraid to let you know about it.

This magic moment of Quinn watching (and singing with) Oscar is brought to you by the letter "O" and the number 4. And with a measure of laughter to boot!

Quinn ran tonight. He hasn't run through the house since Sunday but tonight he did some running which was great to see! His body is continuing to heal--he is still skiddish about us cleaning and touching the tube area but we are doing our best to navigate with him. He is also being incredibly patient with us. Last night it took us two hours to get all of this "stuff" figured out. Tonight it took us an hour and a half (with a twenty minute break for Ryan to kill a HUGE spider in Quinn's closet. Seriously, he was incredibly crafty in how he did it--truly!). We even spilled water on Quinn tonight in bed and he didn't even bat those incredibly long eyelashes of his!

He has asked me to sit in the rocking chair in his room these last couple of nights as he goes to sleep. I sang him a few songs...

"Oh Lord, you're beautiful,
Your face is all I seek.
And when your eyes
are on this child,
your grace abounds to me."

As I got up to say good night to him, he sang,
"...eeeeeeeeeeyes on this child...graaaaaaace...."

May the Lord pour out his grace on Quinn. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Quinn - What fun to get to see a video of you - and lots of pictures! Such a big boy you are! I don't exactly love trash, though one wouldn't know it by looking around my house after the weekend; so I'm off to pick things up. We're praying for you and cheering you on. Can you do me a BIG favor and give a hug to your mommy for me? Thanks, Quinn! lots of love,
Cousin Carolyn.

Elizabeth (El) said...

Meredith -
That is the cutest thing ever. :) Your stories make me giggle and cry, too. I'm so blessed by the way you care for Quinn and the words you share with us. Thank you.