We received some news that Quinn's surgery had been postponed due to an insurance delay. The insurance company referred the request for Quinn's surgery to an internal medical review board so we are hoping to have confirmation about a new surgery date early this week. The surgeon has tentatively scheduled Monday, March 17th (Happy St. Patrick's Day) as the new surgery date. Again, this date depends on insurance approval.
We would ask you to pray specifically that the Quinn's case would find favor with those individuals reviewing his information. Please pray that this surgery would be done at the right time. Please pray that we would hear back quickly from the insurance company (the March 17th date is being held until Tuesday--if we don't have approval by Tuesday, we'll have to consider a later day in March or early April). The surgery is not an emergency surgery or a life or death one--Praise the Lord! However, it is important so we are waiting expectantly for news.
In the meantime, it does give us a little more time to prepare for this surgery and for what we need when Quinn comes home. Thank you so much for praying for all of us and for caring about Quinn. He is so funny--we were shopping at Fred Meyer yesterday and Quinn was drinking some milk and was excited to get the "free cookie" at Freddy's :) As he nibbled the cookie and drank the milk he said, "Mommy. Coffee." and pointed to the Starbucks in Fred Meyer. And who was I to argue with him :) So I had my vanilla latte and he nibbled a cookie and drank the milk.
So...we wait. Thanks for praying. We'll let you know more as we know more.