Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

Brushing Quinn's teeth in our household is a battle. Period. He has an exciting Elmo toothbrush but it is a frustrating process. Sometimes we don't brush teeth. Sometimes we do brush teeth. Sometimes brushing teeth results in Quinn throwing up. Tonight it resulted in Quinn throwing up and mom being very, very frustrated. Irritated. Angry. Grrr...so while Ryan washed out Quinn's pajamas I was holding Quinn over the kitchen sink in case had more to throw up. And I was frustrated.

Quinn had been crying,
and then said,
"Be patient...be patient."

I thought I was going to cry.

Out of the mouths of babes...I think the Lord was talking to me.

2 comments:

kim said...

I'm crying now. (Love those post-birth hormones.)

I KNOW that place, I live in that place, I have a love/hate relationship with that place. And I am referring to both the teeth-brushing battlefield and the "being humbled by your child" place. (I swear I just commented on Aj's blog about teeth-brushing negotiations and how lame they are.)

Growling and crying with you...

Aj said...

I must still have some of those post-birth hormones because I'm grring and weepy along with all y'all.

I think God was speaking through Quinn to all of us. Who knew spiritual lessons came through Elmo toothbrushes and bubblegum Aquafresh (which is what we have in our household - oh so nasty - I swear I clean more off the counter than is put in the mouth - again: patience).