Monday, January 21, 2008

Perplexed

As I've been reading through some Scripture and Beth Moore's "Breaking Free" study I looked through II Corinthian 4:7-9 and was really struck by Paul saying they were "perplexed but not in despair." Perplexed. The Greek word is "aporeo" which means:
  1. to be without resources, to be in straits, to be left wanting, to be embarrassed, to be in doubt, not to know which way to turn
  2. to be at a loss with one's self, be in doubt
  3. not to know how to decide or what to do, to be perplexed
I was encouraged to know that sometimes Paul felt perplexed like I do. But that we don't have to be in despair.

Good.

1 comment:

Peter or Beth said...

I was just contemplating the amazing character of Paul, and feeling overwhelmed...so far off. Your reminder is good, indeed! Beth