Friday, October 12, 2007

Hermiston Hospital-ity

Ryan, Quinn, and I headed to Eastern Oregon Tuesday to have an adventure together while Ryan went to two college fairs. We had adventures! It was fun for the three of us to be together and we knew we were coming back Thursday so we would be moving around a lot in two days. We got to Pendleton and Ryan went to his fair while Quinn and I hung out at our hotel. Quinn wasn't sure he really wanted to sleep in his pak n' play but eventually he relaxed and caught some zzzz's. The next day we headed to Hermiston and checked into our hotel early. Quinn didn't take a nap so we headed out to get a bite to eat. I had started to feel a little sick to my stomach but we were still full steam ahead with the afternoon. I wasn't able to eat very much...as the evening went along, just felt worse. Ryan had to go to his second college fair and Quinn was so patient and cooperative with me. Thankfully he went to bed easily and went right to sleep which allowed me to crawl into bed and assume the fetal position. I did not feel good. At. All. I called sweet nurse Carrie. I called my parents. I called Ryan. He brought me gatorade but...I was not well. Not at all. And dehydration seemed to be a factor. SO--we loaded up the car and got Quinn out of bed and headed to the Hermiston hospital. Oh my goodness. I can't remember the last time I was that sick. The doctor and nurses were gracious and hooked me up to an IV. After about 3 hours, lots of fluids, and a blanket a sweet nurse offered to drive me home at 1AM so Ryan and Quinn (who had gone back to the hotel) wouldn't have to come back to get me. In my right mind again and a pumped full of liquid, we were able to get everything together Thursday morning and leave by 8:08AM. Quinn slept most of the way home which we were thankful for--amazing! We got back by 11:30AM--Ryan was a fabulous driver. We are all recovering...

Hermiston was hospitable but we're glad to be home!

No comments: