Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hodge-Podge


As of 10PM tonight I can start the sixth Harry Potter book. Holy smokes. Finishing the fifth one makes me realize how much really, really important stuff was left out of the movie!

Ryan has been on a staff retreat and returns home tomorrow. I've had our iPod playing on shuffle almost all the time and have been reminded of songs I hadn't heard for quite awhile. And those songs remind me of memories--things I associate with those songs. Some songs have reminded me of why I love them or why they make me feel melancholy or confident or thoughtful or how good a songwriter the person is. Rich Mullins. Period.

And this afternoon, Quinn gave me a big hug and put his head on my shoulder and just hung onto me for awhile. Makes this Mama's eyes all watery...what a precious little boy.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Congrats on making it through the fifth. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can imagine a great deal of not-quite-major-but-significantly-minor plot points would be left out. I'd never want to be a screenwriter (and Hollywood would hate me) because it would be difficult for me to cut those parts out.