Monday, March 5, 2007

Direction

So it has been over a month since my last post! I've been reading the blogs of other people but never going to mine. On this beautiful Monday afternoon, while Quinn naps, I decided to see what I was missing and write out a few things.

I was wondering about blogs and using this form of sharing rather than talking with people face to face. I was thinking about why I enjoy reading the blogs of others--even people that don't know me. I think it is because I like to hear their stories and read about their experiences. My life isn't overwhelmingly busy but it isn't as simple as it once was to meet up with others to talk...thus the help of the blog. I've debated about how much I want to share personally on a blog and I think that sharing more about my thoughts, feelings, and experiences is less broadcasting into cyberspace as much as it is opening up about my journey. I can be less concerned about what other people are going to think and more willing to use the blog as a way for me to share about life as I know it. Not as a journal but as story-telling. Some of the story is funny and some of it sad and some of it scary and some of it tender, but always unfolding and discovering and learning and growing.

Some of the things I think I'll be sharing more about: life as a mom, living out faith, family, Quinn stories, current questions, thankfulness, life outside the residence halls, and maybe a few house projects thrown in for good measure.

As always, my opinions are my own and do not necessairly reflect the opinions of others on this broadcast network :)


No comments: