Saturday, January 27, 2007

Catching Up






It has been many moons since I posted anything. January has been full. Quinn got his second tooth so now has a matching pair. I had my 30th birthday on January 17th--I've moved into a new decade. The Oregon Ducks are ranked in the top 10 for men's college basketball. I've started an online Bible study led by Beth Moore about Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the wall in Jerusalem. Ryan and I have watched a few movies--including "Little Miss Sunshine" which I couldn't recommend but laughed until I cried and saw a family experience some redemption. We saw the Blazers and Cavs play which was very fun! I've read for fun books--books that my mom calls brain candy and have enjoyed it so much. I've stopped pumping...Quinn is on all formula now which I am at peace with. As a result I have an additional two hours in my day which is really amazing. What if you had an extra two hours in your day? What would you do with that time?

I've started loading our CDs on to iTunes so we will actually be able to use our iPod. Exciting. I forget what music we have and how important music is to me. Certain songs take me back to places, people, and experiences.

I'm working on Quinn's baby book--this has been a really good project for me to do for Quinn. Remembering how we were preparing for him. Thinking about our family history--the Doughertys and the Jessups. Finding ways to tell Quinn about his birth and his arrival home. It has been good for me to process through those things too. To remember laboring with Quinn and actually meeting him face to face. Remembering all of the support and love that friends and family showed when we were in the hospital with Quinn. Remembering all of the meals that people made for us--we are surrounded by AMAZING cooks! It is good to think about how well Quinn is doing--Praise the Lord.

I think this post is evolving into one about Quinn but so be it. Today Quinn was so interactive. He initiated kisses, laughed, crawled, cruised around furniture, pretended to be bashful, pointed at things, smiled, laughed, snuggled, expressed his "frustration" with not getting what he wanted, ate goldfish and banana puffs, smiled at the server at Red Robin...we're practicing giving high fives and waving.

I keep learning, stretching, relearning, stretching, and relearning some more.

No comments: